Tuesday, June 09, 2009

San Francisco Book Launch Party

Our San Francisco book launch party was a huge success. I had pregnant moms as well as clients who I photographed over 5 years ago show up. It was a beautiful day and the BBQ was smoking with salmon burgers, hamburgers and hot dogs. The kids were running around and playing and everyone was meeting new people. I think this party had the highest number of previous clients which was great! Photos will be posted soon (once Joelle downloads them). The reading was a special event, three of the women featured in the book read excerpts from their stories. At one point I took over for a mom who was so choked up, she couldn't read. Everyone was crying. It just made me realize how special a book this is, and how these women poured their hearts into each story to help other women come to terms with their own pregnancies. It was an inspiring as well as emotional day. Great job Hugo for writing such lovely stories.

I just checked our Amazon book rank (yes it changes every hour but..!!), we are officially ranked! This is exciting, very exciting!

# Amazon.com Sales Rank: #35,620 in Books (See Bestsellers in Books)

Popular in this category: (What's this?)
#60 in Books > Nonfiction > Women's Studies > Motherhood

I have two shoots today so I can't write much more because I am waiting for my second client to arrive. But my first client, wow! What an amazing mom. She and her husband met when she took a trapeze class. He was her spotter. Isn't that a unique and interesting story? They have the cutest 4 month old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home